Statement of Faith
- in one God in Three Persons, the Holy Trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14
- that the Bible is God’s message to man and that it is the only source and standard of Christian teaching. II Timothy 3:14-17
- that man is sinful by nature and in need of salvation. Romans 3:23, 6:23
- that God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, into the world to be our Savior. John 3:16-17, 14:6, Romans 5:8
- that God provides salvation and life through faith alone in Jesus Christ. Romans 3:28, Ephesians 2:8-9
- that God desires each Christian to respond to His love in Christ by dedicating his daily life to the glory of God. John 15:1-6
Belief and PracticeWith the universal Christian Church, The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod teaches and responds to the love of the Triune God: the Father, creator of all that exists; Jesus Christ, the Son, who became human to suffer and die for the sins of all human beings and to rise to life again in the ultimate victory over death and Satan; and the Holy Spirit, who creates faith through God's Word and Sacraments. The three persons of the Trinity are coequal and coeternal, one God.